I got this tag-post from Jen at the Future Fords. It’s just a bit of fun, and a distraction from ttc. I don’t know if you’ll be interested in the answers I have given, or interested in sharing some things about yourself if I linked to you, but ttc things here are a bit boring and depressing (if IVF fails this time, it will all have to go on hold for a while… scary as I don’t want us to be trying over and over again /spending thousands and thousands of pounds with no guarantee of success…. )
Anyway, back to the upbeat theme…! Please join in if you like 🙂
Here are the rules:
- Post the rules.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
- Create 11 new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
- Tag 11 people and link them to your post. (Made it to 11!)
- Let them know you’ve tagged them
1. What is your all-time favorite food?
Tough question! I love so many different kinds…. easier to mention that I am not a big fan of seafood (hate to pick prawns apart), meat on the bone (chicken wings and ribs are out) and I am not one to try the deep fried insects which are so popular in Thailand!! I am also concerned about the origin of food. Where possible and affordable I always try to eat tofu (no harm to animals) or organically sourced meat to avoid the toxin build-up associated with hideous modern farming.
2. If you went to college, what was your major? If not, what was your favorite subject in high school?
In the UK we don’t have “majors” we have single and joint honours. Mine was BA (Hons) Philosophy and Politics. After that I did a postgrad in Art History and a qualification in Spanish. I love to study!
3. If you could change one thing about your physical appearance, what would it be?
my god – you are opening a can of worms here…. actually, the older I get the more I approve of my genes because I still look almost the same as I did when I was 16 (with a better sense of style and more wrinkles). However, I would definitely change things about my face and body, if I was THAT fussed. Now I just wish to keep in shape and be as healthy as possible. Hopefully that way I will look my best too.
4. Beach or mountains?
One of my fave places in Thailand combines the two.. koh Chang is an island with a jungly unspoiled mountain in the middle. I love it there (it’s where A and i met too)!
5. What is your favorite color?
Tough Q again. I think overall, blue.
6. How tall are you?
I am not sure in cm: perhaps 175? Quite tall for a chick.
7. If you could go any one place in the world (money is not a factor) where would you choose to go?
The Amazon? Borneo? Inaccessible jungle please!
8. Who is the biggest role model in your life?
My partner. She has been through so so so much and yet still supports me. She does not allow her pain to break her and is a super strong woman and my respect and admiration for her spirit knows no bounds. Even though life has thrown her loads of horrible shit, she is still full of optimism and altruism and never puts herself first.
9. When you die, how do you want to be remembered?
I like myself, so just as I am, faults and all.
10. Do you have a favorite quote? If so, what is it?
More of a mantra: treat others as you would like to be treated. I’ll update if I think of a quote.
11. Make up your own question!
What is important to you?
I worry about our poor planet and the millions of uneducated people on it. I am a teacher in a private school here in Thailand and it doesn’t sit well with my principles, but I work with a homeless unit as well. I think it is a crime that so many nations, including the richest and most ‘civilised’ (including my own, currently being tinkered with by a group of capitalist, elitist clowns who’ve never spent a day in a state school in their lives) refuse to properly invest in quality education for all.
Here are your questions:
1) Choose 3 things that are important to you apart from starting a family.
2) do you believe in ghosts / paranormal stuff?
3) have you had a particular life-changing event? Tell us about it.
4) what is your all time favourite film/ movie?
5) what was your favourite holiday of all time?
6) what annoys you the most about your country?
7) what is the last book you read for fun and what did you think of it?
8) have you had /would you ever have any kind of plastic surgery?
9) do you have any allergies?
10) what things do you like about yourself?
11) do you have any pets? Tell us about them.
Thanks for playing along and I can’t wait to read your answers!!